A lawyer who breaks the law

Status
Not open for further replies.

mypsychoEX

What are the procedures for reporting an atty who gives out personal information in discovery to the opposing party? these docs include SSN, driver liscense # address and phone #'s. who do I report him to?

bad lawyer..

the bar association of your state will take your complaint. they only want the facts. a long drawn out story of events will get you nowhere. depending on what your case is about. it could become worse. the other party involved knows where you live and that is not good.

is it a crime?

if the atty gives info/docs (discovery) to accused person, with the "victims" personal info?
what can happen to the atty? anything?

Why did the lawyer give out this info?

lawyer gave out personal info

the lawyer gave out the info because he was negligent, careless etc.
he blacked out most of the docs but left one in tact. this doc contains all personal info mentioned before. plus police reports partially blocked, but still have visible the "victims" drivers license #.
Again, can the atty get into trouble for this? if so how do we proceed?

the lawyer gave out the info because he was negligent, careless etc.
he blacked out most of the docs but left one in tact. this doc contains all personal info mentioned before. plus police reports partially blocked, but still have visible the "victims" drivers license #.
Again, can the atty get into trouble for this? if so how do we proceed?

So the lawyer just woke up one morning and thought, "I need to send some documents out today!"

Please (one last time) tell us WHY this lawyer sent the docs out....

why lawyer gave out docs

he gave them to me because I asked for them.
it was my discovery. since he wasn't doing anything to represent me I had to see what the discovery was so i could defend myself. plus i needed to get a new atty and fast. when i went to pick up this "discovery" he was blacking it all out and said he had to do it or he would go to jail. well as it happened he left quite a bit un-blacked-out, if you will... make sense?
my case, i asked for discovery, he gave it to me. also wondering if i have malpractice case against him. he was extremely neglegent. failed miserably. took a case knowing full well that he didn't know a thing about what the case was based on.

he gave them to me because I asked for them.
it was my discovery. since he wasn't doing anything to represent me I had to see what the discovery was so i could defend myself. plus i needed to get a new atty and fast. when i went to pick up this "discovery" he was blacking it all out and said he had to do it or he would go to jail. well as it happened he left quite a bit un-blacked-out, if you will... make sense?
my case, i asked for discovery, he gave it to me. also wondering if i have malpractice case against him. he was extremely neglegent. failed miserably. took a case knowing full well that he didn't know a thing about what the case was based on.

Okay, your clarification has left me much confused.

This guy was representing you, right?

You asked for discovery on the other party, right?

You got the other party's info that you don't think you should've gotten, right?

Now, where is the damage to YOU?

Damages

at this point i'm 30k in the hole due to ex-atty's negligence.
right, I got the discovery the prosecutor gave to my former atty. from my atty. which I absolutely should have received, but the point is my atty left some info on these docs which he told me he could go to jail for if he did not black out.
he just missed it is all i can think because he's negligent, careless, just as he was in representing me in my case. so from what he told me, did he commit a crime in giving me this info? he told me a lot of things that were not true. so i don't know what is true anymore. if he committed a crime by giving me this guys personal info such as SSN address, phones #'s etc.. can he go to jail like he said?

The disclosure of someone else's information does not affect you.

disclosure of oposing party's info

Senior Judge.
i understand it does not affect me. That's not the point nor is it what I am asking. I am asking if he committed a crime. He told me as much when he handed over the docs. he said if he did not black out this info he could go to jail. so question is : IS THAT TRUE? Is is against the law for an atty to disclose this personal info, and if so who do i report him to? The DA?
Perhaps this is a question for the Prosecutors office?

Let's assume that it is against the law.

Let's further assume that everything you say is true.

The reality is that no prosecutor is going to waste time on this case.:yes:

that's funny because the prosecutors in Long Beach CA sure take time to prosecute when a Drug dealing wife beater runs to them crying "harassing phone calls"... phone calls he made to himself thru a computer web site. go figure.
hummm must have been the dirty cop he's partnered up with who because he couldn't get a blow job out of the deal decided to run to the city atty's office and have my ass thrown in jail, guess he liked it when the dyke jailers felt me up.... i could swear he had a semi at this very act. Long Beach cops are dirty as sin.... they love setting people up and planting "evidence". Nice!

that's funny because the prosecutors in Long Beach CA sure take time to prosecute when a Drug dealing wife beater runs to them crying "harassing phone calls"... phone calls he made to himself thru a computer web site. go figure.
hummm must have been the dirty cop he's partnered up with who because he couldn't get a blow job out of the deal decided to run to the city atty's office and have my ass thrown in jail, guess he liked it when the dyke jailers felt me up.... i could swear he had a semi at this very act. Long Beach cops are dirty as sin.... they love setting people up and planting "evidence". Nice!

Thanks for the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back