Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders A complex situation regarding laws in two states

Status
Not open for further replies.

faenoria

Okay! I currently live in Washington state. I am 22 and my boyfriend is 17.

I am about four months pregnant, and of course his family is pressuring us to put the kid up for adoption. His mother knows someone who knows a lesbian couple that wants to adopt, and has been pressuring us to meet with them. Because we haven't done this and we agreed that if we put the baby up for adoption, it'll be to my parents (who live in CO and offered to adopt), she is livid and threatening to kick us out (yes, I live with them, although we both work and fully support ourselves otherwise). Now, due to all the unwanted pressure and stress and general unsuitable living conditions here anyway (substance abuse by other family members, as well as verbally abusive behavior being the norm and other things-- I can explain more if needed), we were discussing moving to CO.

She actually called my parents and "nicely" threatened them and me and tried to get them to make me put the baby up for adoption (after this occurred is when they offered to adopt). She also threatened to charge me with rape, which is retarded because I have actually read Washington state law, talked to social workers and lawyers here, and know that I am within the legal limits of the state's sex laws.

However, she agreed earlier to allow him to move to CO. I don't trust her one bit, and think she is only agreeing for entrapment type purposes. What can I do to insure that she can't get me on anything by either WA law or CO law? As far as our relationship, its legal in both states. So, my main concern is the move to CO (crossing state lines) and him living with me. If I get written consent from her for him to do both, is it ok? Or would that technically put me in a 'superior' position and thus make our relationship illegal? My parents offered to drive with me, so if the written consent was for them to take him across state lines and to live in one of their residencies, would that circumvent that? They were going to start our apartment lease for us anyways, so even "our" apartment would be "their" residence.

Are there any other small technicalities that could become an issue if she actually tried anything?

Also, not sure if it matters, but his father has no custody rights whatsoever over him. They have been divorced for 6 or 7 years now, he was abusive and they even had protection orders to keep him away, so he doesn't even have visitation rights. Will that come into play at all with her being able to give consent to either me or my parents?

I typed up a consent document the best I could =x If anyone has any advice on other things to add to it, please let me know.

I, (His mother's name here), hereby give my consent for my son, (his name), to cross all necessary state lines to reach the state of Colorado. I also give my consent for him to reside with (my parents' names), and/or (my name), his girlfriend, in any and all residencies they may hold until (his 18th birthday).

This consent does not put (my parents), and/or (me) in a position of authority over (boyfriend). I retain all custodial rights as his mother, it is merely a consent for him to temporarily reside with them. If (boyfriend) chooses to return to my home, I give my consent for him to be taken across any necessary state lines to return home.

I put a line for her to sign and date it, and also a line for a witness signature and witness name printed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back