A client took work from me but he is not paying me

D

DAVID12549

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
Hi,
I am orginally from Illonis. I am a freelance developer and programmer. A client hired me on a freelance website to develop three apps for him. Total cost of these apps were $2500. When I have finished the apps, the client took the work but he is not responding since. He has blocked me on Skype.
I have his credit card number( last four digits) and address that he gave me to process some programming needs. The client is living in NJ.
Please I need your advice.

Thanks
David

Hi,
I am orginally from Illonis. I am a freelance developer and programmer. A client hired me on a freelance website to develop three apps for him. Total cost of these apps were $2500. When I have finished the apps, the client took the work but he is not responding since. He has blocked me on Skype.
I have his credit card number( last four digits) and address that he gave me to process some programming needs. The client is living in NJ.
Please I need your advice.

Thanks
David

Your only way to TRY and get paid is to sue the person in a NJ small claims court.

Yours is a simple debtor-creditor dispute.

Agree, small claims court is the answer.

Thank you for this suggestion. I only have the id that he/she gave me. I also have the chat of skype. I also have his emails. Would that be enough evidence for him/her? How much time will it take to end this case? Should I report the fraud to cops?

Thank you for this suggestion. I only have the id that he/she gave me. I also have the chat of skype. I also have his emails. Would that be enough evidence for him/her? How much time will it take to end this case? Should I report the fraud to cops?

You'll probably help your small claims case by trying to report any criminal activity to the police.

If the police can't find him/her/it, or refuse to help, you probably won't ever find him/her/it either.

If he/she/it isn't in YOUR home state, you can forget small claims.
Its too difficult to serve a person living in a state outside the sate where you plan to file.

For all you know, the scammer could be in Kenya, Iran, China, Germany, Poland, or anywhere across the globe.

Back