A car dealership lied and took advantage of me. Do I have a case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

breelynn88

1) I purchased a 2012 Camry on 6/24/14 that was advertised at $14,986. It turns out that I was actually paying $15,871 (pre-tax) because of an additional $795 for a LoJack System that was already installed on my car. This LoJack cost was never once verbally disclosed to me during Sales or Financing. It is not even listed anywhere in the official documents that were given to me or First Tech Credit Union (the bank financing my loan). When I asked "where is the proof that I agreed to pay an additional $795", the finance mgr pulled out 1 of the 3 estimates that the salesman presented to me during the selling process, in which he had me initial each one but did not give me a copy or even go over with me. I had to ask to Finance Mgr to give me a copy for my records on 7/1. I feel like your advertisement was very misleading because had I known the actual sales price of the car was $15,781 I would not have come in to the establishment.

2) When I came in on 7/1 to cancel an Extended Warranty and Safe Gap coverage I had also purchased, I was told that my payments could NOT go back to $297/mo (the initial monthly payment before the extended warranty and safe gap additions) because the loan was finalized and can't be redone so I would still have to pay $318/mo.

3) I left on vacation to Brazil on 7/5/14. Without my knowledge or consent, my credit report was pulled by FIVE banks (7/9, 7/10, 7/12) while out of the country and all I got was a text message from the finance mgr on 7/10 saying I need to call in to finalize to loan? But I was told 2 weeks prior that my loan was already finalized and "could not be redone"?? I never received a voicemail, email, or text message from the company before they ran my credit report 15 days after I purchased my car.

4) Apparently, my loan with First Tech Credit Union was withdrawn and sent to BECU on 7/11/14, still without my knowledge or consent.

5) To top it off, the company still did not remove the extended warranty & Safe Gap OR reduce my monthly payments back to $297/mo with this new BECU loan. I signed ppwk to cancel the extended warranty and safe gap coverage on 7/1/14.

6) I am extremely frustrated that my credit report was run through my personal bank, BECU. I actually went in to my local branch on 6/30 to have my credit report pulled to see what rate I would qualify for and I was approved at 2.99% for the Used Camry I purchased. Had I known that the loan through First Tech did not go through, I would have preferred to finance directly through BECU. Now my credit report has been pulled twice with BECU in the past 2 weeks. This whole thing has caused my credit score to drop 27 points in 22 days all because this company's lack of communication and honesty with me.

Leaving the middle of a car purchase seems to have created a boggle for you. Consult your paperwork to determine a legal resolution.

Of all this it seems your only complaint that might have traction is the cancellation of the warranty which you can show documentation for.
The rest of this was likely consented to in the paperwork you signed.
A small dip on your credit score was inevitable with the purchase even if everything went smoothly. There is nothing unusual about it.
You can shop for a new loan with better terms to pay off the one you are unhappy with.
As for the lojack device, it surely was disclosed at some point and they can provide documents you initialed. You won't get far arguing that you did not know, even if you did not know, because you should have known.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back