9 month lawn mower repair

F

frustrated63

Jurisdiction
California
I took my lawn mower to a repair shop 9 months ago. They keep telling me they are waiting on parts from china. Is there any recourse so I can get my mower and not have to pay? At this point I don't care if it is fixed by this place I just want it back and not be obligated to pay them anything for any work completed thus far.

I took my lawn mower to a repair shop 9 months ago. They keep telling me they are waiting on parts from china. Is there any recourse so I can get my mower and not have to pay? At this point I don't care if it is fixed by this place I just want it back and not be obligated to pay them anything for any work completed thus far.

Why not go to the shop, and tell a person in charge, "Sorry, but I need my mower now. I can't wait any longer for parts to arrive from China. Do I owe you anything for your trouble?"

Remember, they have something you want.

Until you get it, at least PRETEND to be nice.

You owe them for any work done. Due to the time that has passed they might cut you a break for the inconvenience.
If all they did was order parts and did not actually do any work you might get it back for nothing.

I would have gone back in there within 60 days to get my mower back. Just did it last year with mine. But it was a transmission that was on back order. Of course they were still making this mower so how could there be no transmissions. I found out who made the transmission. I called them and bang... they could sell me one. Since mine was under warranty i called the maker of my mower. They couldn't believe that i had called the transmission maker. Anyway.... Indiana is a one party state when it comes to recordings. So i played all the recordings from them, transmission maker to a manager at the lawn mower company. My mower was fixed within a week....

Back