83 in 55 work zone North Carolina -- PFJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

royb

Greetings,

Two weeks ago I got a ticket for 83 in a 55 work zone. What are my chances at being able to get a prayer for judgement? I had a improper movement citation back in 99 and nothing since. If I get a PFJ, will I get anything on my insurance? I don't mind paying the ticket off, but I don't want my insurance to increase 90%.

TIA

--Roy

Normally PFJ are not allowed in work zones. However an attorney may be able to get it for you. In NC you will soon be receiving plenty of letters offering their services.

lwpat said:
However an attorney may be able to get it for you. In NC you will soon be receiving plenty of letters offering their services.

If you don't have any other violations, a good attorney might be able to plea it down to a 64 in a 55. This is low enough to avoid insurance points so a PJC would not be needed.

You are probably looking at ~$400 in fines + courts costs and an additional $500 - $1,000 for the attorney.

"Good" attorney may not be in the offers you will get in the mail. Be sure to ask for referrals of people they have recently represented to find out the real results. Or go to court one morning and see who is having good results.

I presume you know your licence can be suspended if this is not plead down to a 70 or less?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back