8 year old terror in the hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

neighbors

We are a suburban neighborhood dealing with a family of 5 who moved in just over a year ago. There is a boy in high sch. a 12 year old girl in middle sch. the 8 year old terror, a two year old boy and a 10 month old boy. The 12 year old girl has the responsibility of watching the younger kids. The 8 year old son has already(short list) sexually assaulted a six year old girl, made repeated attempts to break into homes, antagonize neighborhood dogs, thrown rocks at passing vehicles, rides bike in middle of street refusing to move for oncoming cars,yells the "F" and "C--T" word to neighbors on a regular basis and has been seen pouring gasoline on the ground. Child has been thrown out of a number of schools, is home schooled and out playing at various times of the day. Speaking to the parents... mother responds "he has ADHD and other neurological problems, I tell him not to but he's just going to do it anyway" father is polite and easy to speak with but will himself engage in hurassing behavior, ie. blowing car horn and reving car engine when he passes you on the street, will nonshulauntly pass by the dog and speak in a loud volume just to attract the dogs attention to get it barking etc.
Police have received numerous reports and calls reguarding this child, DSS was notified of the sexual assault. With the warm weather approaching we do not look forward to another summer like the last one. We fear for the future, what is this child going to be like at age 11, 12 or 13?
The Million Dollar Question is "What can we do?"

Last edited:
im sure that you would disagree with me when i say that ifeel sorry for this young child, who is obviosly going to have a rough future ahead of him ,not to mention, the other people who have to deal with him as well. The sad thing is , tha he obviosly got some of these traits from his parents. How immature of his father to bahave in that manner. ADD or not, this young man needs to be acountable for his behavior. I suggest talking to the parents. and calmly letting them know your feelings and concerns. And then inform them if these things that you are afraid of dealing with, with this young man. Let them know that you will have to protect your right to peace, and that he is in fact not to young to have a nice conversation with a police officer, if necessary. If time goes by and he is able to run ramped in your neighborhood, causing problems for you, his parents can be held accountable. I would suggest talking to the parents and then see how that goes. Then go from there. Good Luck.

Attempts both calmly and ranting to the parents have failed to produce results. At this point the neighborhood is considering 1. reporting to DSS, 2. sending a letter w/cc to the police dept stating that if something isn't done we will either individually or collectively persue criminal and or civil avenues. The question now is do we have a case and what would the charges or claim be?

The question now is do we have a case and what would the charges or claim be?

We can't answer that.

Talk to the bureaucrats and the cops.

They will tell you for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back