73 in a 55: Prayer for Judgement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinachemmy

I was pulled over for doing 73 in a 55. It was late at night with nobody on the road and I had exited from interstate 85 to US-1, which was a decrease in speed limit from 65 to 55, but I didn't see the sign. It is my first offense (and I am a 25 year old female). More than 15 over is grounds for a license suspension and I was going 18 over. I've heard about asking for a prayer for judgment and I know that each household gets 1 every 3 years for insurance purposes and 2 every 5 years for points purposes. I think this would be a good option but I have two concerns. What if I move to another state in 2 years? Will my insurance increase because of pleading guilty? What if I get married within the next year? Will my husband be part of that same household or will I continue to count as my own household as far as PJC is concerned since I am currently single? How likely am I to get it reduced to 9 MPH increase or less if I choose that route instead? As a poor graduate student I'd rather not have to pay for a lawyer if I can take care of it myself. But I don't want to risk my license being taken away. Any suggestions or clarifications?

Check with the clerk of court to see if you can go in before your court date and talk with the prosecutor. Some do and some don't. You should be able to get a reduction to a 9 over and save the PFJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back