Eviction Notice 6o day notice is the reason for eviction legal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melody

My landlord served me a 60 day cause my ex parole came by but I broke up with him and he is moving out cause if his parole and trouble he gets in when I asked why landlord said guilt by association do I have a case of discrimination he is also calling me a tweaker to the other tenants I don't do drugs I'm disabled with spinal stenosis is there anything I can do

If you broke your lease by moving in your BF, you can certainly be evicted. If you have an extra $10k - $20k to waste on legal fees, you might get some court time and nothing to show for it. Apparently, you should have respected the property more before getting evicted.

With a 60 day notice the landlord is simply ending the lease agreement, not evicting you. If you remain beyond 60 days then he may have you evicted. It is not discrimination. It is time to pack your bags and move on.
The only way you might delay it is if your original lease still has more than 60 days remaining, but I bet you are month to month.

In CA if a tenant has live din dwelling over one year the law requires a 60 day notice if less than one year than 30 will suffice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back