$670 Laser Pointer Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregswork

I was at a Rave in Milwaukee and they searched us as we went in. They made us empty our pockets and they ended up taking our glowsticks but let me in with the laser pointer. About 1am I was standing on the blacony flashing down below for like 2 min when a security person told me there was someone downstairs that wanted to talk to me. I followed and it ended up being a bunch of the police that are just standing at the door all night. I was respectful the entire time and said I would never intentionally point it at anyone because it could hit soemones eyes and cause damage. They where being sorta nice until they asked if I was on probation and when I said yes it didnt matter at that point, they treated me like I commited a murder and gave me a ticket asap.

Type of Ticket: Use of laser pointer prohibited
Violation: Subject was pointing a laser pointer at people at below location
Ordinanza # ? 105.45.2

To add insult to injury they kept the laser pointer and kicked me out. I wasnt that drunk, I wasnt being rude or starting a scene, I was just dancing and having a good time. I realize most people associate Raves as with a bunch of people that do drugs ect but in no way am I one of those people, nor do I look like a druggy. I only drink and do so in moderation. The place is full of lasers to begin with and its kind of upsetting that a pen size laser can get a ticket at a place that has a thousand lasers shooting around legally.

I would like to get this ticket reduced at the worst. So I guess my question is do I show up to court and what would I say to the DA? What reduction could I aim for? Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back