67 in a 45...=[

Status
Not open for further replies.

eharlow5915

I just got my first ticket today! I was driving down Independence Blvd. and was stuck in the far left lane and it was splitting off from 74. I had to speed up because I had someone riding my tail and another car pretty much in my passenger door and wouldn't let me over....(I had my blinker on for almost a min). When I sped up to pass the car on my right and to let the guy behind my by I was clocked @ 67 mph. I wasn't trying to break the speed limit but if I hadn't sped up an accident could have happened. I don't know what to do. I'm scared about having to go to court because I've never had to go there before. I was told by a friend that I should consult an attorney so that he could do my arguing for me since it was my first offense and that they would be able to help me more. I've heard of a Prayer for Judgement and I know that they can lessen the fines and usually keep this from going on your record but I don't know if I would qualify for this since I was going 22 miles over the speed limit. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great! My court date is Sep. 5.

I am assuming this is Charlotte. Call the clerk and see when the prosecutor has office hours. Go in and talk to them prior to your court date. Try for a nine over. If they won't do that ask for the PFJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back