66 in a 45 in NC - Question about PFJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparhawk

I was caught doing 66 in a 45 in North Carolina where I live. I have no points and have actually only received one speeding ticket in the 15 years since I have had a license. I was given a mandatory court date and found out that I could actually lose my license for at least 30 days since I was going more than 15 mph over the limit. This came as quite a shock.

My question is whether or not I can use a Prayer for Judgment in this case. I am also considering pleading "not guilty" and fighting the charge. Any advice would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Sparhawk
I was caught doing 66 in a 45 in North Carolina where I live. I have no points and have actually only received one speeding ticket in the 15 years since I have had a license. I was given a mandatory court date and found out that I could actually lose my license for at least 30 days since I was going more than 15 mph over the limit. This came as quite a shock.

My question is whether or not I can use a Prayer for Judgment in this case. I am also considering pleading "not guilty" and fighting the charge. Any advice would be appreciated.

Your question may have been answered in this thread and it deals with the PFJ in North Carolina.

http://www.thelaw.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2795

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back