60 days or $405.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiithypeeples

I am residing in CA. My husband has been deathly ill for over a year and is currently in ICU for past months. I was recently imformed that my father passed away. I went to Pahrump NV. The Nye co. Sherriff's Dept Knocked on my hotel rm door stated that there was a complaint from downstairs that I had a warrant ($250. bad chk) for my arrest. I was taken into custody and my two boys to CPS. I bailed on the full amount for the bad check and fees due of $405.00. The man who resides on my fathers property called the law on me
( he doesnt want to have to leave the property).
Nye co is not where the warrant originated from it was in Clark co. Is it typical to go out of their way to extradite on a bad check? But there is more to the story, I was arrested on the same exact bad check back on 6/10/05 released medical OR. I was flight for life to clark co where the officer waiting stated that they had nothing on me, and had to release me from his custody, I had spent 56 days in the NCDC prior to the O R and never went infront of a judge in that timeframe either. Shouldn't someone have advised me sooner that there were no charges pending just a court date pending? I went to my court hearing on Oct 21, 05 and the judge said to pay the full amount of $405 in 30 days or give hime 60 days in jail. I could not afford to pay the full amount with spouse being ill and no insurance, A payment plan was never an offer and I am disabled on a limited income. Now I have to appear in court on the 19th of April. Will I be advised of the 60 days or opt to wash with the paid bail? I need an Attorney in this case don't I? wiithypeeples

Q: Is it typical to go out of their way to extradite on a bad check?

A: There is nothing "typical" in the law. In any event, this was not extradition since it took place in one state.

Q :Shouldn't someone have advised me sooner that there were no charges pending just a court date pending?

A: I don't understand. I thought you said there were charges pending and that you did have a court date. Clarify the question.

Q: Will I be advised of the 60 days or opt to wash with the paid bail?

A: I don't exactly understand what you are asking, but you will be advised of everything when you get to court.

Q: I need an Attorney in this case don't I?

A: Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back