5yr. tenant, no formal contract, roomate dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

septuagint73

Landlord rents out rooms in his own house to two others. Landlord has no formal contracts w/ ANY tenant. Landlord works at same house 5 days, sleeps two days there each week. Tenant 'A' has no formal contract w/ landlord, does have U.S. mail, reciepts from landlord, driver's license, and consistent work as proof of residency. Tenant 'B' is drunk who has threatened tenant 'A'. Tenant 'A' has filed three times complaints w/ local police, the local police taking a 'he said/she said' stance that's anything BUT proactive. Landlord leaves rear door unlockable, 'allows' tenants to lock individual rooms while requiring them to share common areas (bathroom, kitchen, etc.). Tenant 'A' has had room door broken down, reported to landlord who has taken no action to date. If physical injury was to befall tenant 'A' by drunk tenant 'B' , could landlord be held responsible?

Drunk House Mate....

I Believe I Would Make Another Report To Daytona Police Dept.....mention The Drugs Also...im Assuming That Your Problum Is Female?

Drunk House Mate....

I Believe I Would Make Another Report To Daytona Police Dept.....mention The Drugs Also...im Assuming That Your Problum Is Female?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back