Criminal Records, Expungement 5th degree theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

salvage987

I never have a crimal record before...but a few months back....I was charge with Theft 5th degree. They caught me leaving the store with a merchandise value $22.00 it was mistake, my 3 Yrs old daughter put some head bands in her head and some stuff in her hand I did notice she was carried it
..but I know she is my daughter and also my responsibility I did discuss that to them,,, because I don't want they think my little girl was a thief... I didn't went to court or haven't my finger prints taking... but I did went to court and I paid a fine...I just wonder if this can get expunged? Because I applied for a job everything was fine except that...can you please tell me what to do???? Thanks!

It sounds like you handled this terribly. You could have gotten out of this with nothing. Three year olds can't commit crimes. If they couldn't prove you had knowledge or intent they had nothing against you. You should have fought it. Too late now.
At this point you probably just need enough time to pass so people overlook it.

I never have a crimal record before...but a few months back....I was charge with Theft 5th degree. They caught me leaving the store with a merchandise value $22.00 it was mistake, my 3 Yrs old daughter put some head bands in her head and some stuff in her hand I did notice she was carried it
..but I know she is my daughter and also my responsibility I did discuss that to them,,, because I don't want they think my little girl was a thief... I didn't went to court or haven't my finger prints taking... but I did went to court and I paid a fine...I just wonder if this can get expunged? Because I applied for a job everything was fine except that...can you please tell me what to do???? Thanks!

Too late for any cure EXCEPT a full pardon from your state's governor.
Hold on, those generally go to wealthy political contributors who shell out millions to elect big shots.
Nope, your once pristine record has been forever stained.

I don't see where there is anything you can do at the current time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back