5 years civil case still pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailence

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Was charged over 5 years ago, my lawyer filed motions, he is about to file another for dismissing it. He then said after they are dismissed, the DA has 6 months to refile the case.

How does this work? I figured after 5 years of no prosecution that we could get them dismissed as a matter of law?

Was charged over 5 years ago, my lawyer filed motions, he is about to file another for dismissing it. He then said after they are dismissed, the DA has 6 months to refile the case.

How does this work? I figured after 5 years of no prosecution that we could get them dismissed as a matter of law?
Px Hx.

Please, don't start a new thread for every question on same topic...keep all questions regarding this case to one thread. It's easier for the volunteers. Thanks...

Well I figured since it was two separate cases and two separate procedures is it not better to separate? One is a criminal, the other a civil case.

Well I figured since it was two separate cases and two separate procedures is it not better to separate? One is a criminal, the other a civil case.
It's the same case. Please...just keep all question regarding your criminal case to one thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back