40 MPH in DuPage county

Status
Not open for further replies.

MernK

I received a ticket for going 98mph in a 55mph zone on I-290 in DuPage county on 11/12/10. I just checked the circuit court website and my court date is not scheduled until 1/19/10.

I know that starting in January of 2011 the laws are changing regarding aggravated speeding and will be much harsher. Will this affect me since the ticket was issued in 2010?

I also am currently on supervision for another recent misdemeanour. I have read differing opinions online, some saying this will affect my current supervision and some saying it won't. Any input on these matters would be appreciated.

I received a ticket for going 98mph in a 55mph zone on I-290 in DuPage county on 11/12/10. I just checked the circuit court website and my court date is not scheduled until 1/19/10.

I know that starting in January of 2011 the laws are changing regarding aggravated speeding and will be much harsher. Will this affect me since the ticket was issued in 2010?

I also am currently on supervision for another recent misdemeanour. I have read differing opinions online, some saying this will affect my current supervision and some saying it won't. Any input on these matters would be appreciated.

According to this:

http://www.criminallawyerillinois.c...nois-increase-penalties-for-speeding-tickets/

...a charge in 2010 means that the 2010 law prevails. However, your current supervision may be a big problem. You really ought to retain an attorney.

It is possible that this citation is treated as a misdemeanor offense rather than an infraction. If memory serves correctly, driving 20+ over the limit puts you in the misdemeanor reckless category. However, if you were cited only for speed and not for reckless then you might be ok... you will have to look up the actual code on the citation and see exactly what you were cited for.
The misdemeanor could be a problem with your supervision... I doubt a traffic infraction will be noticed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back