3 tickets in 1 month

Status
Not open for further replies.

carimews

It all started when a new cop moved to town. I moved in to his apartment after he moved out, this is when I first met him before he actually worked for the local police department. I have received three citations from him in the last month in a half, and have talked/gotten pulled over by him on MANY more occasions.

1. I was moving my things from my old place into my apartment. It was my last trip into town. I was a block from my apartment. It was pouring rain outside. The first thing he did when he came up to my vehicle, even before asking for my ID, was to take a field sobriety test. He had no reason to ask me to do this but I agreed and I told him I would not take a field sobriety test but I will take a breathalyzer test, even though he had no reason to ask for one, nor had he yet told me why I was pulled over. He later came back after I did the breathalyzer test and he state that he pulled me over for "burnt out" headlight, he issued me my ticket and let me go. The next morning I went to go fix the headlight and it wasn't even out, was working just fine, wasn't loose or anything.

2. I was celebrating with my entire family on the day of my cousin's wedding. My entire family, mom, dad, sisters, and brother, all bar hopped together with the wedding party. When midnight rolled around I decided I was done and wanted to go home. My sober sister was driving my family to their house where they all stayed while home visiting, I walked a quarter of a block to where I lived. We all left the bar at the same time. As I started walking my ex came up on me wanting to talk, I told him to leave me be and kept walking. He started to grab me and push me. I fell down once, I tried to double time away from him across the street but he caught up and pushed me down again. As the cops sat there and watch this happen they finally pulled up and asked what was going on as I started to pull myself up off the ground. I told them my ex kept pushing me and wouldn't leave me alone when all I wanted to do was get home. They ended up separating us and after five minutes they let my ex, WHO PUSHED ME DOWN MORE THAN ONCE, walk away with nothing. They continued to hold me for questioning for FOUR hours after the fact and in the end issued ME a ticket for disorderly conduct.

3. I was in a private parking lot when the cop pulled up and started to walk towards me. He came up to my window, WHILE I WAS IN THE PARKING LOT, and told me if I had seen my ex around. I told him no. He then told me to park my car and to walk with him. So I did as he said, parked my car and walked. We then came to the squad car and he told me to get in the back seat. THEREFORE I WAS IN THE BACK OF A SQUAD NOT BEING ABLE TO GET IN OR OUT BY WILL, without having reason from the cop or being read my rights. Correct me if I'm wrong but being sat in the back with nowhere to go is technically being arrested, yet he never told me the reason or ready me my rights. We then drive up the block and he pulls into my exes driveway. (Now mind you, obviously me and ex don't get along and I don't ever see or talk to him) Well the cop lets me out of the back seat of the car and tells me to go knock on the door and see if Nick answers for me, while the cop stands at the end of the driveway by his squad. I do so, I knock and knock and knock, finally my ex answers. He was astonished to see me and I simply said you need to come outside. As soon as he's outside the cop arrests him, tells me to go in the house to get him shoes and wait because "he wasn't done with me." First of all it ain't my house but I do it anyways because I didn't want to get obstructing an officer...Finally he came and got me, told me to set my exes shoes on the hood of the squad and stand away from them. I did that, after more time had passed he finally came out and issued me another ticket!

Please give me your input on this...I don't think anything that this cop is doing is right and I already lost my first case against him. I need help on these other two because I ain't going down without a fight, this is harassment and having me go to a civilians house to see if they'll answer the door for me ain't right at all, its his job to find these people, not mine. Plus putting me in his squad without reason, that ain't right. Comments and advise please!

There is nothing wrong with telling a police officer "no". They won't like it, but you can do it. Something seems fishy about the circumstances here. If you keep having regular contact with this same officer then it is worth speaking up about to the department. He obviously is watching for you.
It sounds as if you got into his car voluntarily too... next time ask questions and never do anything you are not comfortable doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back