3-days Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cali1

California Resident. I have resided at my current apartment for 6 years total, at 3 years under the new owner. I am on a month-to-month renter's agreement and about year ago, my landlord mailed me a new contract to sign stating an increase in the monthly rent. I never signed the new contract. About a month or two ago, my landlord sent me a notice in the mail stating a 21% increase since the rate was not increased the year prior. I fell short of about a couple hundred dollars for this month's rent, but provided a letter of explaination as well as the majority of the rent portion in the form of a post dated check and requested that we make arrangements for the difference including fees. My landlord responded by returning my check along with a 3-day notice to vacate the unit. Can he do this? Don't I get 60 days since I've rented the apartment for more than one year?

Last edited:
There is no free ride. In order to stop eviction you must pay rent. Using the "quit" option does not free you from that obligation it just prevents eviction

Here are your options

1. Pay rent in full continue living in Apartment or give 30 days notice and leave after 30 days

2. Dont pay rent and face eviction

3. Use quit option but pay any unpaid rent or face legal action

4. Use quit option pay nothing and hope your not sued

Read the link I gave you there is valuable information there

If I don't have all of the money within 3 days, but give the landlord 30 days notice while still in the '3-day pay or quit' time period, and leave within 30 days, does this avoid eviction?

Ok listen I am not trying to be rude. NOTHING will allow you not to pay rent!! If you give notice you will still owe the past due rent and another month! The only way to avoid eviction is to pay rent! Keep in mind any eviction will make finding a new place almost impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back