Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 3 charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayeggs

Brown County, Wisconsin (resident of Ohio)

Here is the 'long story short version' of the story. I hope somebody can help!

On Feb 23rd I was arrested in Brown County, Wisconsin.
I took some of my friends prescription pills (twice) without her knowing. She caught me and I agreed to stay and wait for the police to come.

When I was arrested I had possession of 3 loose pills in the bottom of my purse. All these pills were left over from prescriptions I have had in the past but do not currently have a prescription for.

Charges
Count 1: Misdemeanor Theft
Count 2: Misdemeanor Theft
Count 3: Possession of non-narcotic controlled substance

When I was arrested the police confiscated $680 cash that was in my purse. I had taken the money as a cash advance from my credit card because I was going to buy a puppy the next day. I do have a receipt that shows my withdraw of $800 a day before.

I was denied a court appointed defender because I own a car. I cannot afford to hire a lawyer so I will represent myself.

I was released on a signature bond and allowed to return to Ohio.

I have to appear on 03-25-09 for the initial appearance.

I have no past record and therefore not much knowledge of how this will work.

1a) Will I make a plea at the initial appearance?
1b) I have heard people say I should plea guilty and some say plea no contest. What is the difference? Does it really matter?
1c) If I plead guilty/no contest will this end it all? Meaning - I will get my punishment this day?

2) Do I have any chance at getting my $680 back?

3) If I get probation as a punishment can it be transferred to Ohio?

4) Can you offer a comparison as to the probably punishment? I'm not even sure if I am just looking at fines, probation or even jail time???

Since this incident I have come to realize that I have an addiction to pills. As soon as I got back to Ohio I joined the NA organization and have been going to meeting 3-4 times a week. I have been clean ever since!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back