Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 2nd underage consumption- What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csadder133

2nd underage consumption- Legal advice needed.

I have received two minor consumption tickets in the past three weeks. I am 20 years old and have never been in trouble with the law before my first ticket. I did not cause any trouble with police, but did blow just above .10 both times. The second time I was in a car that got pulled over and they gave us brethalizers. I have a court date and don't know if I should find a lawyer or just go by myself and take the fines. What could a lawyer do for me? What will the fines be like? Does anyone have any advice? I need it.
-This all occurred in Minnesota.

Last edited:
Get a lawyer

If you don't get a lawyer, they'll hit you with the steepest fines and penalties. Getting a lawyer will probably be cheaper than paying the max fines. Good luck

In Minnesota, from what I have read, minor consumption offenses are not taken as seriously as some other states but a repeat offense in three weeks -- you get the judge will not take that lightly. I am unaware if there is a statute that will come into play for a repeat offense.

csadder133 said:
I have received two minor consumption tickets in the past three weeks. I am 20 years old and have never been in trouble with the law before my first ticket. I did not cause any trouble with police, but did blow just above .10 both times. The second time I was in a car that got pulled over and they gave us brethalizers. I have a court date and don't know if I should find a lawyer or just go by myself and take the fines. What could a lawyer do for me? What will the fines be like? Does anyone have any advice? I need it.
-This all occurred in Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back