2nd Speeding in two years

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccloritz

I was leaving work and merging onto the highway which is a 55mph limit and I accelerate to what I believe is highway speed. I'm not really sure since I wasnt paying attention but in the oncoming lane there was a county officer about 3-4 cars behind the lead car with another 3-4 behind him. He then turns on his lights as pass by and I look down at my speedometer and it says 72, so I just pull over right way while he waits for traffic to clear and then pulls up behind me. He then asks "why I'm in a such a hurry?" and I replied "I didnt really know how fast I was going." He asks "how fast do you think you were going?" and I said "I dont know, but when when you turned your lights on I looked down and saw it was at about 71-72". He says "I had you on radar at 74". He then asks for my drivers liscense and that if my address is still current and goes back to his car. He comes back and says that "You are recieving a citation today." "I wrote it up for only 65 in a 55 and that brings the fine down to $155 from $190 at 74 and the points down to 3 which is the lowest for any violation." He also mentions it would of been 4 points at 74 mph.

Some background info though that probably weighed on his decison was that I recieved a warning 2 weeks prior for speeding in the company truck. Plus in feb of 2003 I recieved a speeding ticket for 5 over in Michigan but it was reported to my insurance company.

I'm not worried about the fine, I'm worried about the increase in insurance after my first one a year ago my insurance went up about 200 dollars every 6 months. Can I get this ticket or my previous one taken off of my record after I pay for it? Can this ticket be written up as a non moving violation? Would a lawyer be a good recommendation? My court date is August 19th, and any help would be appreciated including any good traffic attornys in Kewaunee and Brown County Wisconsin. Sorry about the long post but I wanted to give alot of info.

Wisconsin Speeding Ticket

Some background info though that probably weighed on his decison was that I recieved a warning 2 weeks prior for speeding in the company truck. Plus in feb of 2003 I recieved a speeding ticket for 5 over in Michigan but it was reported to my insurance company.

I didn't think that Wisconsin entered out of state tickets on your record. Do they post it but not assess points? What type of company truck do you drive and do they have any policy regarding speeding tickets?

The officer has already given you a "roadside reduction" and will priobably resist any further attempt to reduce the violation. In addition he can ammend the ticket back to the original speed. Once you pay for a ticket you have plead guilty and it is extremly rare to get a case reopened. Why should they?

Re: Wisconsin Speeding Ticket

Originally posted by lwpat
I didn't think that Wisconsin entered out of state tickets on your record. Do they post it but not assess points? What type of company truck do you drive and do they have any policy regarding speeding tickets?

The officer has already given you a "roadside reduction" and will priobably resist any further attempt to reduce the violation. In addition he can ammend the ticket back to the original speed. Once you pay for a ticket you have plead guilty and it is extremly rare to get a case reopened. Why should they?

Wisconsin posts out of state tickets and does not assess points so my insurance has allready increased once. my company truck is a F-150 but I did not recieve the ticket in that I recieved it in my car. Do you think there is any possibility in getting it written up as a different violation that would not affect my insurance but so they can still get their money?

And for some reason the 'Find a Lawyer' database is not working for me on the homepage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back