Assault & Battery 2nd degree assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

laxordi19

Hi this past sun me and a few friends went out and on the way back home, as we were walking in to our appt, one of my friends who was very drunk as was I just stopped. I pleaded with him to walk inside but he was very argumentative. The next thing I know he we were yelling at each other and he swung at me and connected on my face. I didn't retaliate but then another fist came at me and I almost got knocked out. It was at this time that I realized two things, one if I didn't do something about this then I would become a punching bag and I the second one was that I was pissed. So I fought back and defended myself. The next thing I knew the cops rolled up and they saw me on top of the person. I was drunk and scarred so I ran. I still wish I hadn't to this day. The reason I rationalized running was because I am trying to join the military and I was 2 weeks away from signing on the dotted line. And I knew if had any issues along that I would not be able to enlist. it was a very short foot pursuit and I stopped and was apprehended. I have no criminal record, the most serious thing that I have on my record is a DUI for .08 when I was 21. I have a handful of moving violations but that is it. Can anyone give me some options that I might have so that I can still join the military.

FYI it isn't possible to join the military on supervised probation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back