Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders 288a(b)(1) & 261.5c charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaspreet22512

My boyfriend is charged with 4 counts of 288a(b)(1)and 1 count of 261.5c. He is now 21, but this incident occured 2 years ago when he was 19. I was wondering what the minimum and maximum sentencing might be? Both charges are felonies. He was also contacted by a private investigator which lead my boyfriend to go turn himself in and say a confession. Is there any way he can take this confession back? He has had no priors.

Your boyfriend needs a lawyer. He/she should be able to answer any questions he might have including giving him an idea of what to expect re sentencing. He might not want to talk to anyone else before talking to a lawyer.

NEVER EVER talk to Police without a Lawyer!! No he cannot take confession back and the charges are serious! He needs to consult a Lawyer right away and say nothing more. He is looking at long term prison term and lifetime registration as sex offender

The age of the female involved will be significant. The bigger their age difference the worse it is for him.
If they are fairly close to the limit it is not uncommon for the 261 to be handled as a misdemeanor. With a good attorney he may be able to get the 288 dropped.
A misdemeanor plea to 261.5 will not require sex offender registration, and he would likely only get probation with no time served.
If the age difference is much more than 3 years then it is a bigger problem, but he can still negotiate a plea that results in no time served and no sex offender status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back