Weapons, Guns, Firearms 2009 sworn falsafication on a 1994 A&B please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameszjr

If i have received a conviction of a&b in the state of Massachusetts back in Jan 01,1994, is this a misdemeanor? punishment could have been 1 year in jail or a fine of up to $500 in 1994 i think am i correct? Now a misdemeanor,according to Massachusetts law is punishable up to 2 1/2 years jail and up to $1000 in fines Is there any where to see when the law was changed. It would be hard for me to know that this law changed in mass. since iv lived in New Hampshire for the last 10 years, unknowingly i filled out a firearms form in my state, on this form it asks if you have ever been convicted of a crime punishable by more than one year in jail or probation i checked no box thinking i was ok because in 1994 i think i would not have served more then 1 year jail and or fines. i did receive 1 year probation but no more and the probation was terminated early i don't no when the law changed and i think the misdemeanor law is in affect in federal court? Would this help me in court i am now being charged with a class A misdemeanor [unsworn falsification]? the complaint is that i knowingly made a false written statement to a government body with the purpose to deceive an employee of the states gun line... Any feed back or info will help . thanks:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back