Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft 200 in Gift Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandralea01

So, I am a little scared..I did something really stupid around Christmas and I got caught doing it. I rang up a couple of guys for some gift cards (each $100 = 200) and i gave them blank ones and kept the cards with the money on them. I work in a restaurant so the next day, I used them all day on checks that were cash, so I could get the money back to pay off some bills. I was in the wrong and hated that I did it after the fact..So now they have a paper trail and I got fired and they pressed charges against me. I had already moved from the apartment i was in and my old landlord called me and told me they were there looking for me. I am so scared..I dont know what to do; I just found out i am pregnant and I dont want to go to jail. I have been in trouble before for fraud when I was 21 which was 6years ago and it got dropped to a misdemeanor...any idea's on what i should do or what kind of trouble i am going to get into?

You could be looking at felony charges and prison time. You need to start calling Lawyers today. Many offer free consultations get as many as you can. What state did this happen in?

Kentucky.....now both the giftcards where only 200 dollars together...I thought that felony charges were only 300 or more..now do they consider giftcards fraud??

True but your prior is a problem. Regardless you need to talk to a Lawyer even a misdemeanor charge could result in some jail time if you do not have proper defense

Wish I could have told you more but an Attorney is best one to that. If this site was any help at all please say so in our testimonial section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back