Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 20 yr old married woman drinking at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVXC4H

Is it legal for me to give my wife alcohol in our own home? I'm 24, and she'll still be 20 for a few months. We're planning to throw a party with my older friends, and she was wondering if the cops showed up for noise, if she or anyone else could be busted because she was drinking.

I think it's still illegal for your wife to consume alcohol since she's under 21 . According to the law state like this - A person less than 21 years of age shall not purchase or attempt to purchase alcoholic liquor, consume or attempt to consume alcoholic liquor, possess or attempt to possess alcoholic liquor, or have any bodily alcohol content . A person under 21 is deemed a "minor" . A minor who violates this subsection is guilty of misdemeanor punishable by the fines and sanctions set forth ..

It varies by state. Some (such as Texas) do allow a minor to consume alcohol if they are in the "visible presence of, and have the consent of their adult parent, legal guardian, or spouse." Others do not allow a minor to drink under any circumstances.

So the only way to know for sure would be to look up your state statutes regarding consumption by a minor. You do not specify what state you are from but your state probably has those statutes viewable online.

bryan said:
It varies by state. Some (such as Texas) do allow a minor to consume alcohol if they are in the "visible presence of, and have the consent of their adult parent, legal guardian, or spouse." Others do not allow a minor to drink under any circumstances.

So the only way to know for sure would be to look up your state statutes regarding consumption by a minor. You do not specify what state you are from but your state probably has those statutes viewable online.

Oh, whoops, I'm sorry for not saying where I was from. Leon County, Florida.

Thanks guys.

I'll have a look for the state statutes now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back