Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 20 y/o MIP Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIP_

Got an MIP last week and I wasnt even drunk!!! I accidentally carried a beer outside and the cop saw me with it. I paniced and lied to him that I was born one year earlier than I was, but he gave me 3 chances and I told him the truth and that I was just panicked and thats why I lied. He letme go with a ticket and a court date bc he said I was cooperative. This is my first criminal misdamenor...... the only other tickets I got have been for speeding. Is there ANY way I will get out of this one? He didnt brethalize me either. Do you advise me changing my court date(I got a continuance form today), so the cop has a better chance of not showing up and telling the judge I lied. Ugh this sucks!!. Plus it was tempe cops who are used to this crap, ASU being right up the street. Any suggestions of what I can do? Also, what will be my most likely punishment If i cant plea bargain?

:mad:

Thanks!

An MIP does not require you to be drunk -- it's like a possession statue for marijuana doesn't mean you have to be high. All it means is that you had it and you were not allowed to have it. It is possible that you could plead no contest and get probation. I don't think your lying will make any difference. Perhaps the officer may not show up at all... and if he does, hopefully you will get the above and it may not appear on your record if you steer clear. I don't know what state you are in but you should inquire whether this is an option for a deal that can be made. Good luck!

MIP said:
Got an MIP last week and I wasnt even drunk!!! I accidentally carried a beer outside and the cop saw me with it. I paniced and lied to him that I was born one year earlier than I was, but he gave me 3 chances and I told him the truth and that I was just panicked and thats why I lied. He letme go with a ticket and a court date bc he said I was cooperative. This is my first criminal misdamenor...... the only other tickets I got have been for speeding. Is there ANY way I will get out of this one? He didnt brethalize me either. Do you advise me changing my court date(I got a continuance form today), so the cop has a better chance of not showing up and telling the judge I lied. Ugh this sucks!!. Plus it was tempe cops who are used to this crap, ASU being right up the street. Any suggestions of what I can do? Also, what will be my most likely punishment If i cant plea bargain?

:mad:

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back