2 women same job different pay,

Status
Not open for further replies.

nash

I am from Pa. I have been working at the same company for 30 years. I do not have a college degree, but my title is buyer. I just found out that a girl that I have trained, who does the same thing as I do, is making about 8.00 more a hr. than myself. She has been with the company for about 5 years now. I have asked our boss about increasing my wages numerous times, and he always tells me it isn't in the budget. Her title is different, but we do the exact same job, and I even have to help her when she has a problem.

Nothing illegal about that. My spouse was in a similar situation. I advised her to change jobs and use her longevity to get market rate for her experience. She doubled her salary, has a fancy title and doesn't work as hard.

And the fact that you're both women pretty much excludes illegal discrimination based upon gender.

It's called market compression. It's an unfortunate fact of life in business America, and it is quite legal.

Be very leary of those form letters. Most are just chock full of bad info and many are very coooinntatrfnal. You are much better off using your own words. Remember that you can't get legitimate items removed from your credit file. Don't waste your time submitting bogus disputes. Even if you do get something removed, it is likely to show back up the next time the creditor updates to the credit bureau.Derogatory items age off your credit report 7-1/2 years from the date of first deficiency. If you actually have items that are beyond the reporting period, simple send a letter to the credit bureau indicating that the item is beyond the reporting period no special wording needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back