2 Tickets for same incident?

Status
Not open for further replies.

normt2

In January of this year I received a ticket for parking in Rancho Cordova, CA in front of a fire hydrant and having expired tags. I was obviously in the wrong and paid the ticket. Today I went to the dmv to register my car and was told I still have unpaid tickets and called the number they gave me to let them know I already paid the ticket. The lady I spoke with said that I had received 3 citations that day, one was for expired tags, the second was for parking in front of a fire hydrant, and the third was the two(fire hydrant and expired tags) put together in one citation and claim that I still owe for the two individual citations now with a ridiculous amount of late fees. Can officers write more than one citation for the same thing in the same day? Thank you for your time and help.

Yes, you can be written up for the same things each time the officers come by. Had you contested the citations when you received them it is possible they would have dismissed one of them. Since you let them go to collections, you are in a tight place. You can either pay the penalties and clear the matter, or try and wade through the city bureaucracy and see if you can appeal them now.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back