Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 2 tickets for my 25th birthday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kate019

I received a ticket last Friday for an illegal u-turn. Whatever, I didn't see the sign, my bad, I'll pay the ticket.

However, the officer gave my 27 year old boyfriend a ticket for public intoxication while being the passenger in my car. I'd just like to know if this is legal or not. He plans on fighting it, as neither one of us can see how this is possible. The officer asked him how old he was to which he replied 27. The officer then said it shows a huge lack of maturity and responsibility to be out drinking at 27 years old... The last time I checked, the legal drinking age was 21... My boyfriend then asked him why he was receiving the ticket since he was the passenger in a car, not wandering the streets. The officer told him if he wants to drink, he needs to stay at home.

Can anyone fill me in on the legalities of this situation? I think the officer was really just out to get us. We were both extremely polite, understanding, etc etc. Neither one of us fought the ticket or were disrespectful in any way. In fact, my boyfriend had had 2 long island ice teas...not near enough to actually be intoxicated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I plan on just paying my ticket since there's no denying it, but I'd love to help my boyfriend out of this $355 ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back