2 speeding ticket in 3 months!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amrepa

I'm justing wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what will happen at court for someone (me) in my situation.

On Dec. 16, 2003, I got a speeding ticket for 43 miles in 20 mph school zone. I received a $150 fine and 3 points taken away.

Today, Mar. 29, I got another speeding ticket for the same exact offense and the same amount of mph over. (not the same school zone)

I know I must be one of the dumbest people driving in Colorado.

But I would like to know is if the court can/will stiffen the fines and points taken away or if anyone knows what would normally happen.

Two Speeding Tickets

On Dec. 16, 2003, I got a speeding ticket for 43 miles in 20 mph school zone. I received a $150 fine and 3 points taken away. Today, Mar. 29, I got another speeding ticket for the same exact offense and the same amount of mph over. (not the same school zone)

It is not so much what the court will do to you as what these two speeding tickets will cost you when your insurance company finds out. You can expect to see you premiums double or triple or they may ever drop you altogether.

My suggestion would be to retain an attorney. I know this will seem expensive but it will be cheaper in the long run if he can get the charge reduced. With your record it is unlikely that you are going to have much success on your own.

Go to the home page of this site and use the Find an Attorney link. If no one is listed in your area send me an email and I can provide some more resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back