2 Car contracts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffL61

I asked my mother to co-sign an auto loan w/me to get a lower interest rate/payment. Initially she said yes. I went out, picked out a car, at a dealer, and they drew up a contracts for us to sign. I said I didn't want to sign anything until I spoke w/my mom by phone (she lives 3000 miles away) and wanted my wife to see the car.(She was not with me) They drew up 2 contracts, one for me & my mom, and a second one with just my name on it. The payment was very high, $768. They said they wouldn't use it, but I had to sign it to take the car home to show my wife. I signed it, and declined to pay a 250. charge to cancel it, as my belief was that it would not be used.
I took the car home. My wife did not care for it. Then my mom called, and said she had changed her mind, and didn't want to sign for it with me. I called the car dealer, and said I wanted to return the car, and take my trade in back. They said, basically, too bad, you signed for it. I said you told me it was to take the car home. There is no way I can afford a 768. payment.
The payment w/my mom would have been 460. They said too bad. The salesman became rude and verbally abusive to me, telling me it was all about my girlfriend, not the car. It became heated, so I hung up.
Do I have any recourse here, or have I been tricked into a 768. payment?
Can I have my mom and I sign the other contract, take the option to cancel, and give the car back, or will they just go back to the contract with a 768. payment? I really think I have been tricked...
Can anyone help me?????:mad::confused:

If you keep the car, you will be liable for the payments. Take the vehicle back and give them a letter of recision and follow it up with a CRRR copy so you can prove they received it. In some states you have a 3 day right to cancel so you need to check to see if that applies where you are since you failed to include that very imnportant piece of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back