Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft 19 yr old first offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

blehman

Me and 2 friends were stopped by an LP we each had some thing worth less than 5$.We went to the office and were told that no charges would be pressed or that anything would go in our records.The police were not called,they simply took down our names addresses and phone numbers and made us sign a form that warns us that we could be charged for trespassing if we return.We were told that the ban only lasts a year.We asked cuz the paper didnt say an amount of time and i dont recall it saying anything about a fine.The paper said it was a ban for unruly conduct/shoplifting.What im wondering is if i will be fined and how much and if i should be afraid of charges being pressed even tho they said they wouldnt be? Any help would be appreciated.

You will likely get a letter from a Law Firm asking for money. This is called Civil Demand and state law. The amount can be anywhere from $50.00 to $1000.00 depending on state and amount of goods stolen.

It was in FL and the amount was less than 5$.If i pay the fee will charges be pressed? An the letter should arrive in a couple weeks right?

Paying the fine has nothing to do with the criminal case if any. Its a Civil matter. Not paying "could" provoke them to file criminal charges so if I were you I would pay the fine. The letter can come in days, weeks even, months its hard to say

Ive been confused becuz they didnt really tell us much and they never said anything about a fine, neither did the document we signed. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back