19 year old Daughter is in an abusive relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmem

My daughter is being mentally and physically abused by her boyfriend, I haven't personally seen it occur but she comes home black and blue constantly and I don't know what to do anymore. Honestly I would like to go beat the shit out of the punk but obviously that's not the way to handle it. Does anyone know of any resources available to help with this type of situation?

The decision has to be hers - will she listen to any guidance at this point?

My daughter is being mentally and physically abused by her boyfriend, I haven't personally seen it occur but she comes home black and blue constantly and I don't know what to do anymore. Honestly I would like to go beat the shit out of the punk but obviously that's not the way to handle it. Does anyone know of any resources available to help with this type of situation?

There are many good Internet support groups.
Here's one of dozens:

http://www.loveisrespect.org/is-this-abuse/dating-violence-statistics

Google it, OP, Google it!

There really isn't much you can do to keep her from going back since she is an adult. It has to be her decision as Proserpina noted.

Have you sat down and talked to her? If you two have open discussions you might be able to help. There are also support groups you and her can attend. It might also be sneaky but helpful to leave abuse articles etc laying around watch abuse TV shows, make not of abuse stories in news, watch talk shows on abuse. Get her info without cramming it down her throat

I'm really trying to get a gauge on where she is mentally - if the OP can answer (does it seem like she wants to leave but doesn't know how?) then I know several of us can point to very specific ways to help.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back