Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders 18 year old impregnates 16 year old Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DumbBrother

So my dumb brother hence the username made a freaking stupid mistake that my parents always remind him not to do and even he knew it but yet again another idiot that doesn't listen.

Anyways just want some advice and yes my parents are looking for a lawyer in the New York area as I write this.

The girl is 16 my brother is 18 they are both still in High School.
He got her pregnant now the dad wants to sue him.
What are his options other than hiring a lawyer, since my parents or I don't know the law.
They both wanted to have sex and she right now doesn't blame my brother for anything.
The father wants to sue him on charges of rape, sex with an underage child and some others.
My parents talk to them and the father is mad and no way to convince him not to take any legal actions.
My parents already told that they are going to be there for the girl and my brother also but her father doesn't want anything to do with us.
So he has blackmail us already so I know I will tell our lawyer that, but I really want to know if its really illegal since its only 2 years difference and the girl wasn't rape or anything.
Need advice asap, and if there is anything else that I might have left out let me know.

Its not a law suit he needs to worry about its going to jail! Age of consent in NY is 17 she is below that age. This means he can be charged with sex crime(s) this can result in prison time and lifetime registrtation as sex offender. Yes he should talk to a Lawyer right away and make no further contact with this girl

This falls under Penal Code 130.55 in New York, defined as 3rd degree sexual abuse.
She is not 17 and not legally capable of giving consent, and your dumb brother is old enough to know that. This is classified as a misdemeanor, however an investigation into the particulars of the relationship could result in even more charges, including felonies.

Your dumb brother did not make a "mistake". He knew what he was doing. His criminal behavior will land him on sex offender registries and will cost the family a ton of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back