Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks 18 year old bad check for $51.45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrussom

In 1996, I wrote a check for $51.45, at a grocery store. Well 18 years later I find out it was bad. I had no clue that this check was bad since I never received any documents from the bank or the merchant letting me know it was. In January 1998 an affidavit was filed against me, again it was never delivered by a county official so I had no knowledge of this affidavit. In February 1998 a warrant was issued for my arrest again no one from that county came to my home to serve a warrant. I lived in this same county for approx. 7 years after this check was written, on July, 26,2014 I received in the mail a copy of an affidavit, a copy of the warrant and a letter stating that if I did send the requested amount in the letter which was $246.45 that I would be arrested! I was never arrested or convicted on this matter and would like to know what I should do and if they can arrest me. This all happened in Pontotoc, Mississippi

More than likely you're being groomed by a scammer.
You can call the court in the county or the sheriff and inquire further.
I wouldn't pay anyone a dime from something received unsolicited in the mail.
As you said, the authorities could easily locate you.
This is probably a scam.
Unless you're properly served, I'd ignore them.
Even if arrested and charged, be smart and remain silent.
Know of no police agency that arrests by appointment.

The police appear, arrest you, and take you away. They don't call and allow you to buy your way out of being arrested.

Agree with army judge. I wouldn't pay anything at this time - wait & see if it is pursued further. ("doubtful")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back