Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft 18 in alabama, first offense Macy's

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtfjasmine

About two months ago, a friend of mine (she's 17) asked me to go with her to Macy's because she wanted to look for a dress for graduation. While we were in Macy's she decided to steal a shirt. She also put 2 items in her purse. I was incredibly ignorant and let her put it in my purse. The stealing was not planned. We had walked around the store a bit and then we decided to go into the mall. About 10ft out of Macy's we were stopped by the LP. He said "You both have something that doesn't belong to you." As soon as he said this, we both handed what we had to him and he took our bags. He took us to the back room and told us that we were being arrested. He got our info and took our pictures. He then called the police. Before they got there he gave me a civil demand for $200, and I had to sign a sheet that said I was banned from Macy's for three years. I was put in handcuffs and taken to jail, where I had a $1000 bond. I was later bailed out by my mother. About 3 days later, I paid the civil demand. I am afraid of what could happen to me since I am 18. I am very remorseful and would never want to go through what I want through that night. I disappointed my mom and myself. I was crying the entire time from when I got caught to when I was released. I just graduated high school about 2 weeks ago and I am a straight A student and I will be attending college this fall. This is my first offense. Oh, the item that I shoplifted was $42. My court date is on June 21st.

Re: 18 in alabama, first offense Store Name

Your record should be you biuggest concern especially if your on a scholarship. Start calling lawyers many offer free consultations. When you meet with these Lawyers ask them about your plea options and especially diversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back