17, emancipation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misti89

I live in texas, I want to move out when I'm 17, which will be on June 17th...I really can not stand living here...I'm scared of my father...he hasn't hit me for a few years..he never went so far as to call it abuse though...but when he yells at me anything it scares me badly...my mother isn't that bad..I'm not scared of her, but I have some issues and she just ignores them...like they don't need medical attention or anything when they do..my sister and I get along pretty well but she's moved out..her fiancee and her are sharing an apartment and are getting married in october......and I have a brother that I'm scared of and that I really hate....I haven't seen a doctor since I was in 8th grade..and then it was only for some shots I had to have...I haven't seen one for anything other than shots since I was 9...my parents say I'm a hypochrondriac which I am not...I really need to move out..I feel that living here is very bad for my health and well being....I'm pretty sure that I would have to get emancipated in order to move out.....If this is true..can someone please tell me how I would go about doing this? and if my story would, in anyway, help my case? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Misti

Someone please help.....I'm being homeschooled at the moment, and I plan on being finished with it all by the time my 17th birthday comes around...and I can't take living here any longer..it's not good for me at all....I'm about to take the test for my driving permit..and if I have to I will stay here a few months after my birthday to get my real license...My parents bought me a car for my 16th birthday and are paying for it in payments...And since I don't drive it they are paying the insurance..which I will have to take over doing when I get my permit and all....If emancipation occurs would I have to take over the car payments too? I would be glad to do so...Please someone let me know, thanks.

If you're going to be done with your home school high school around your birthday does that mean you are planning to or are able to go to college? Have your parents said anything about sending you to college or helping you pay for that. You could apply for scholarships and to colleges out of state or just out of your area so you would have to live on campus or something like that. To become emancipated you would have to have a lot of money for a lawyer and a job and be able to support yourself completely without the help of others.

I'm going to go to college...I've been planning on waiting until I was 19 though..because I'm going to have to save up for it for awhile....and me and my friend, whom moved out of her parents house, are planning on sharing the rent for an apartment..but if that fails I have a back up plan...I can easily use the money I've saved to pay for an apartment

College is just one way to be able to leave your parents now and not actually leave on bad terms. Try looking into scholarships or some other financial help for getting into a college. If your parents know you are leaving the home to go to college they might let you do that. They might not let you leave until you are 18 if you tell them you just want to leave. Have you discussed moving out with them to see what their opinion is on it. Who knows, maybe they wont care and will let you move out before you are 18. I would bring up the subject to them to see what they say before trying to get emancipated. You still have to hire a lawyer to do that and have your parents consent anyway.

Thank you so much!! I talked to them last night and they agreed to let me go to a junior college..and it will be paid for by the state which is cool....and will let me move into the dorms...THANK YOU!! *e-hugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back