Premises Liability 16yo son injured at friends house

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrouill

My 16yo son was allowed to operate a dirt bike without our knowledge or approval. He lost control and hit a tree resulting in a compound fracture of his left femur and a broken kneecap. I was informed by the parents homeowner insurance that they had to investigate to determine what percentage of liability is their clients and to what extent my son was at fault. I think that by exposing a minor to the danger without my consent makes them at fault 100%. Am I wrong? I should point out that my son has never driven a dirtbike before the day of the accident. Thank god he is alive but he is in awful pain.

Go find an injury Lawyer. Most will grant you a free ofice visit to discuss case. I also suspect that they would work under contingency

This was on the friends parents property? Insurance companies always do an "investigation" doesn't mean they are not accepting liability. but they have to get statements of exactly what happened from all parties in the accident and they will review policy language to see if the policy allows for this type of coverage. This is normal procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back