Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft 16, second offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

idiotface

I'm 16, and I was caught stealing at walmart. My first time being caught was at store name. The first was a value of about $120, but the second was a little over $200. I was to report the the courthouse to pick up some papers regarding my court date and on the paper it said it was reported that it was less than $150 which is not a felony. What will happen? My mom spoke to my lawyer and told me that he said they could put me in jail and even take me from my parents. I am 16 now, but by the time of my court appearance, I will be 17. Will that make any difference?
Thanks in advance.

Sorry, i forgot to include that both times I was taken to the police station and taken through their processes.

With this being a second offense jail is a very real option. I suggest you start calling lawyers to map out a plea option/defense. In mean time I would further suggest you enroll in an anti shoplifting program. I recommend course offered by NASP.

Thank you for the quick response.
How likely do you think jail would be? And that is just as likely even though I am 16?
I will look into that.

Fact you did not learn your lesson first time makes jail a more real possibility. Taking the NASP course might help. Did you read the links I provided?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back