15 almost 16 and pregnant

Status
Not open for further replies.

loveme

Banned
I am 15 almost sixteen a couple months before the baby is born I will be 16 legal can I move in with my older sister without parental consent

I am 15 almost sixteen a couple months before the baby is born I will be 16 legal can I move in with my older sister without parental consent

No. You will have to listen to your parents until you are 18. Being irresponsible and getting knocked up doesn't give you the ability to thumb your nose at your parents - it actually implies they have not been providing enough control and you need more ... not less.

And, depending on how old you were when you conceived and the age of the sperm donor, your boyfriend could be facing criminal charges.

There is no state - repeat, NO state, where getting pregnant gives you the rights of an adult. A pregnant minor is still a minor in EVERY state. You have achieved medical emancipation in that you may make your own decisions about your health care and that of the baby, but you are NOT legally emancipated and CANNOT move out without permission anywhere in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back