Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft 14yrs old, shoplifting over $800 from 6 stores with friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachel39a

hello, i'm 14 and live in california. i just moved here from georgia. my friend emily and i weren't thinking and stole numerous things from different stores. i had to go to court 2 times before for different reasons but i'm really worried. i'm confused as what's going to happen. the entire amount that was stolen from both of us was a little less than 850 dollars. we stole from 6 different stores. what is going to happen? me and my friend got caught at Store name and the girls there checked my bag and found weed, which were not mine. i can be drug tested which i will do willingy. but what will happen to me and my friend. by the way the girls that caught us were harrasing us and threatning us about things too. should i bring that up in court? i haven't gotten my court day but i'm extremly worried. i have been seeing a therapist and psychiatrist before the incident. i told them about what happen and they said it's very possible that something wrong with me mentally, and i'm taking a blood test so should i bring that up too? i'm so confused on what to do and what to say. i will do anything to just keep this off my record. it was a huge mistake and i just regret it so much. but police were called and questioned us. they took our info and told us it was a felony. i'm scared, please help!!!!!
thank you for your time!

Re: 14yrs old, shoplifting over $800 from 6 stores with frie

With prior offenses and crimes of this seriousness I dont see you keeping this off your record. In fact jail is a very realoption at this point. You need to start consulting Lawyers to minimize the damage best you can. You are in serious trouble and there will likely be serious consequences which could include extended jail time. You might also think about enrolling and completing a shoplifting prevention course.

well the other two were citations because i didn't want to go to school due to a fight with my family but other than jail is there anything else that will happen. the police that my friend and i talked to told us that we were probably going to pay a fine, community work, or go to classes, and possibly all three

I would say all three along with probation. However i again want to point out my earlier suggestion for your situation.

With prior offenses and crimes of this seriousness I dont see you keeping this off your record. In fact jail is a very realoption at this point. You need to start consulting Lawyers to minimize the damage best you can. You are in serious trouble and there will likely be serious consequences which could include extended jail time. You might also think about enrolling and completing an anti-shoplifting course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back