Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 14 yr old w/ MIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdiggs

My 14 year old daughter recently received a 25662 BP. She was in possesion of an open 40 oz malt liquor. It was 1/2 gone and warm. The officer that sited her stated that he knew that she had not been drinking at all. The bottle had been given to her to throw away by her older sister (who is also not 21). She was in the process of finding a garbage can when she was stopped by the police. Unfortunately, she tried to cover up for her sister and instead of telling the truth, said that she was taking the liqour to someone else - over the age of 21. The officer that cited her found that this was not true. (This is happening in the State of California)
My questions are as follows - I assume she can not plead "not guilty", as it is pretty obvious that she was in possesion, even though she was not drinking. Can she plead "no contest" and ask for an alcohol diversion program or community service? Would that keep the ticket off her record? Could it be completely removed later on? Is there any way to request that her ability to get a driver's license not be delayed? I understand that there can be up to a one year suspension of her driving privileges, but she does not even have a permit yet. Is the fact that she is only 14 and not closer to 21 going to work against her in any way? Since she is a juvenile, will this offense drop off her record at 18, or since it is a misdemenor, will it stay with her?
She is an honor student and would like to apply for scholarships, etc.. in the future. I don't want a stupid mistake at 14 years old to hold her back.

Based on your facts, she is definitely guilty.

Have your lawyer ask the court about diversion programs, which should include help for her alcohol problem.

So, in your opinion, this is definatley a situation that needs an attorney?

I would never go to court without a lawyer representing me.

Would you?

Would you send your kid to court without a lawyer?

This is entirely your decision.

Since she is obviously guilty, would the final outcome be the same with or without an attorney?
(I am not trying to be dense or argumentative - I really have NO experience with this.)

Since she is obviously guilty, would the final outcome be the same with or withuot an attorney?
(I am not trying to be dense or argumentative - I really have NO experience with this.)

Since she is obviously guilty, in your opinion, would the oucome be the same with or without an attorney?
(I am not trying to be dense or arguementative, I really have NO experience with this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back