Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft 14 years old, first offense, court on 15th. WHAT WILL HAPPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkjohn10

Okay so i am 14 years old and me and my friend stole a pair of earrings each from a store. We didn't resist arrest or lie. They called our parents and the police and we were cited. The police man put us in his car and made our parents wait outside while he cited us. I soon received a fine from store but was told by a lawyer that they were just trying to get money from me and told me to through it away and I did. I then received a letter saying a had to show up for court(kids court). I have 10 days till court, and I am so scared. This is my first offense. What will they do to me? Will they drug test me on that day? If put on probation will I be drug tested? Was it bad to through away that fine? Will I go to jail?

Re: 14 years old, first offense, court on 15th. WHAT WILL HA

Your post was edited for your protection. Since you have or have spoken to a lawyer you legal advice should come from that source. I do think that throwing that letter away was a big mistake with consequences. Its not that we do not want to answer your questions it is that if you have an Attorney all your legal advice should come from him/her

Well my friends dad spoke to an attorney and he told him to through the letter away and passed it onto to me. This website is basically my attorney. And just wondering why my forum was edited?

barkjohn10 said:
Okay so i am 14 years old and me and my friend stole a pair of earrings each from a store. We didn't resist arrest or lie. They called our parents and the police and we were cited. The police man put us in his car and made our parents wait outside while he cited us. I soon received a fine from store but was told by my friends dad who talked to a lawyer that they were just trying to get money from me and told me to through it away and I did. I then received a letter saying a had to show up for court(kids court). I have 10 days till court, and I am so scared. This is my first offense. What will they do to me? Will they drug test me on that day? If put on probation will I be drug tested? Was it bad to through away that fine? Will I go to jail?

Read the link I provided it will explain our position on the letter (Civil demand). We are not here as Attorneys to give legal advice just to help guide you through the unfortunate situation you have placed yourself. We can help you understand the law and its consequences. As to why your post was edited click on first link in my signature line it will explain. If you still need answers to questions list them and I will do my best to answer

Thank you, I do understand that the money I pay for the fine will go to the person who caught me. Also I know you probably don't know whats gonna happen and the laws in my state(KY), but do you have any idea what my sentence will be? Do I have a good chance of jail? Also will i be drug tested? If yes, then will it be on my court date? Thank you for replying.

I also understand to not say the name of the store.

Actually we know more than you think about this which is why we have this site. Jail is very unlikley. what you need to seek is diversion or any similar program to protect your record. I would also ask for another letter as there can be consequences (read the link) for throwing this letter away

Also do you know I good reason that would sound good for why I did it? And I am not going to real court I have to see the juvenile judge, whats the difference? Will it be in a court room or will it be in a meeting room? Also what about drug testing......DRUG TESTING IS THE MAIN THING I AM WORRIED ABOUT!

Your going to juvenile court because your a juvenile. This is normal

Okay thank you for answering my questions!:) Your a true help, and I think I know whats going to happen, and I do not need an excuse as I am planning on telling 100% truth, and I don't even know why I am worried about drug testing as I have not done drugs. Thank you again.

Great. If this site was helpful please post something in our testimonial section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back