14 year old parking ticket quincy mass

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomask

I have recently received a notification to pay a parking ticket from 14 years ago.There is a small fine attached to this ticket. I'm sure that I had paid the fine at the time but can't prove it. Who keeps records for that long? Who would be expected to?

Is there a statute of limitations on something like this?

I no longer live in this city but I do live in the same state and am asked to pay this within 14 days or more or else fines, license suspension etc will commence. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone, does Quincy, Mass really have the right to do this? It's obviously a ploy to extract cash for the end of the year budget / beginning of the next year budget.

thomask said:
I have recently received a notification to pay a parking ticket from 14 years ago.There is a small fine attached to this ticket. I'm sure that I had paid the fine at the time but can't prove it. Who keeps records for that long? Who would be expected to?

Is there a statute of limitations on something like this?

I no longer live in this city but I do live in the same state and am asked to pay this within 14 days or more or else fines, license suspension etc will commence. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone, does Quincy, Mass really have the right to do this? It's obviously a ploy to extract cash for the end of the year budget / beginning of the next year budget.

I do not believe there is a statute of limtiations on parking tickets. I heard that San Francisco has had some record numbers concerning the years for collection of parking tickets.

15 year old speeding ticket

On may 6 1990 Sunday I received a call at 5:30 am from my alarm company that I was to proceed immediately to the business I work for and allow police entry because the alarm went off. The alarm company informed me because my boss who originally got the message told them to because I was closer.

In my pj's I put on a jacket and some slippers and went to let the police in who were waiting with guns drawn outside the business.

45 minutes later I headed home down a posted road that had a speed limit of 45 mph. I suddenly had the urge to use the bathroom and decided to go to a restaurant nearby. However, I did not see the posted speed limit on that street which was 35 mph and was pulled over. The officer asked me for DL and proof of insurance and registration. The proof of insurance and DL were in my wallet which was at home, because I left in a hurry. When I received the bail notice my employer said he would pay it because that was not my job and I considered that matter over.

Since then I have registered cars, renewed my drivers license, was stopped, and search by 12 police officers who told me if anything comes up I was going to jail in 1993. Still nothing happen. In March 2005 I received a noticed that the Superior Court was taking my State refund because of the 15 year old parking ticket that was paid (to my knowledge) I have no proof, my boss is dead, and the company is out of business.

If the ticket was not paid for wouldn't it have shown up with the DMV? The police investigation? Registration? the Insurance Company? If it did show up isn't that a positive sign that it was paid for? If it did not get there for 15 years would not that be considered a "flaw" in the system and it could have possible been misfiled? Believe me I am not trying to shriek a responsibility but 15 years with no follow up warrant or notices!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back