$12K premium paid from cash value after I told them NOT to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfshadow

I had taken out a Life Insurance policy several years ago. In Sept. 07 the premium came due and I told my Life Ins Agent not to pay it because I was planning to cash it out. (Premiums were usually paid thru my Annuities, with same Ins agent). I asked him several times to send me the forms to cash it out, but he did not get the forms to me until Feb. 08.
I filled out the forms to cash in the Life Ins and the Annuities in Feb.08, (as soon as I got them). I received my check for the Life Ins Policy and it showed that $11,751.77 had been taken out of the cash value as an "Outstanding Loan Amount". I called the Ins. company and asked them what this "Loan" was, that I didn't know anything about it, and they said, "As outlined in your policy, if premiums payments are not recieved, the non-forfeiture option will take place...the automatic premium loan was taken to pay the premium due.
But I told my Ins agent NOT to pay anything on any premiums, and he knew I was wanting those forms so I could cash in the policy. Do I have any legal right to get this money back?
As far as proof of what and when I told him I wanted to cash this policy in, I have an audio tape recording but I don't think there would be any way to proove the date it was made. I do however have several emails I sent to him asking for the forms to cash in the policy.
What would be my best course of action in this case?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back