10 year old harassment- is this anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleshuk07

My daughter is only 10 years and has been receiving text messages that i think are harassment messages. they talk about how she makes noises when she is having sex, i must remind you again she is only 10 and has no idea what that is, and making fun of her teeth, which are just alittle messed up, but not too bad, calling her a lesbian and a retard. I know its just stupid school girl crap but the school cant and wont do anything cuz it happened at home not school. I, her mother, texted this girl back asking her to stop texting and harassing my daughter and her friend or i would call her parents and the cops, to scare her. I think it worked, for now anyways, but I really think it will happen again its been going on for awhile, i really dont think she will stop.
is this a harassment case or will the cops not do anything?
please help, my daughter is so upset and things like this is what causes stress, depression and all issues for kids this young and i will not let this happen. what can i do?

If you're concerned about your daughter's safety, contact your local police agency. Speak with them about your concerns.

Why not contact the little offender's patents? I'm sure they don't know what their little terrorist is up to on her cell phone!!!

If this were my daughter, she wouldn't have a cell phone at 10 years of age. Since yours does, just have the cell phone company change it. Under these circumstances, there's likely to be no charge. But, screw the costs, this is for your daughter's protection and well being.

I agree changing the number is easiest solution. I once had a person (whom I knew) continue to call and call during all hours of the night. I contacted my cell phone service provider to ask about blocking the number the offender was calling from. they could not but they did change both mine and my husbands numbers at no charge. The calls stopped and problem was solved. If this caller has no means to call he/she will then possib le stop or take it to new level a level that is easier to deal with at school since that will the source of contact.
I also agree contacting the offenders parents might not be bad idea as well. Use caution though and watch your words many parents can be overprotective.

I would suggest, if possible by some phone applications, to download or keep copies of the correspondence messages of your daughters cell phone and the harassers. If you do decide to file a complaint with the police (and I think you should), you will have have something to show about whats been said. After that, changing the number would be the most appropriate thing to do to stop it from going any further. Just make sure your daughter does not give the new number to any individuals where this may start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back