Consumer Law, Warranties 1 Year free gym membership with lease - gym didn't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

cate123

Manhattan, New York, New York
When my room mates and I signed our leases one year ago we were given free gym membership for one year to a gym in our building which had not opened yet. Despite plans for the gym to be opened in April (we moved in November) the gym is just opening now and they are saying our one year membership is up.
This gym is New York Health and Raquet club, so we did have access to other gyms they were just not in our building. I would think they would give us an extra year free since the gym they gave us free membership to did not exist, but they are denying us this. Is there anything that would specify how we could get an additional year free? Is this the responsibility of the building management company or New York Health and Raquet Club?
Thanks!

The building management company is responsible. I would argue that they need to give me a year membership to an OPEN gym because they used it as an inducement to get me to sign the lease. You can use small claims court if they refuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back