Can I leave the State without child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biskit

My son is 15 and is very dangerous Sociopath. He has violently attacked me and put me in the hospital. He has had numerous violent episodes that have been recorded. He is a runaway too. I have been in contact with the police, CPS, DHS, ect. Unfortunately with our laws in Oregon he can pretty much do want he wants and get away with it. Unless he commits a violent crime with a weapon, they can't take him to juvenille detention. He is not allowed back in my home because he scares me to death. I have tried to get help for him but since he is a runaway we can't get into a program. My question is this. I am moving out of the state. What are my rights?

You just cannot legally ditch the kid. The kid just cannot do whatever he wants. You need to find some counselling and treatment for him. Where is the father here? Every state has a program for incorrigible teens. I think you need to turn the child over to the state and make him a ward of the state and they can get him some help.

You need to petition the court to have him declared a ward of the court. If the circumstances are strong enough, if you have reasonable fear for personal safety, the state can take custody of him. You would pretty much have to demonstrate that he is beyond your control.
You may also have the option of having him admitted to a mental hospital for evaluation.

I agree with Duraine. You are missing something. Your state has a juvenile program for incorrigible teens, some sort of diversion program. If you just ditch your child, you will be in serious trouble. You can commit him to a mental hospital for evaluation if you have to.

My son is 15 and is very dangerous Sociopath. He has violently attacked me and put me in the hospital. He has had numerous violent episodes that have been recorded. He is a runaway too. I have been in contact with the police, CPS, DHS, ect. Unfortunately with our laws in Oregon he can pretty much do want he wants and get away with it. Unless he commits a violent crime with a weapon, they can't take him to juvenille detention. He is not allowed back in my home because he scares me to death. I have tried to get help for him but since he is a runaway we can't get into a program. My question is this. I am moving out of the state. What are my rights?

Has your son had an evaluation to determine this mental illness or are you just "guessing" this is the problem?

You state that he isn't "allowed" in the home...Is that by court order ro a Protective Order?

If he "violently attacked you" and you required hospitalization...Why weren't charges filed?

Please clarify your opening post by answering all these questions for us.

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back